ABC's of Godly Characters


ABC's of Godly Characters


Availability vs.  Self-centeredness                                                    
Teach me selflessness and readiness to the wishes of those I am serving (Philippians 2:20–21). 

Boldness vs.  Fearfulness

Confidence that what I have to say or do is true and right and just in the sight of God (Acts 4:29).

Contentment vs.  Covetousness 

My assurance in God leads me to realize that He has provided everything I need for my present happiness (I Timothy 6:8).

Discretion vs.  Simplemindedness                                                                           

Please, place discretion in my heart that I may avoid words, actions, and attitudes which could result in undesirable consequences (Proverbs 22:3).

Endurance vs.  Giving up

Lord, Your mercies endure forever and may I be blessed with the strength to withstand life’s challenges to accomplish Your mission and plans for my life (Galatians 6:9).

Forgiveness vs.  Rejection 

God, please teach me forgiveness because my cup overflows with blessings, I will clear the record of those who have hurt me and will be rewarded bountifully (Ephesians 4:32).

Gratefulness vs.  Unthankfulness

Lord, I will always be grateful to praise You and show appreciation for those who have benefited my life (I Corinthians 4:7).

Humility vs.  Pride 

Lord, please help me to exercise humility towards others and show reverence for Your divine power that is responsible for the achievements in my life (James 4:6).

Initiative vs.  Unresponsiveness

May I recognize and do what needs to be done before I am asked to do it (Romans 12:21).

Justice vs.  Fairness  

Speak unto me Lord and help me be still because You are a God of justice that my heart depends on Your unchanging laws (Micah 6:8).

Kindness vs, Selfishness                                                                                                

"And now the Lord shew kindness and truth unto you: and I also will requite you this kindness, because ye have done this thing" (2 Samuel 2:6 (KJV).

Loyalty vs.  Unfaithfulness                                                                                        

Father, please help me to be loyal, use difficult times to demonstrate my commitment to You and to those whom You have called me to serve (John 15:13).

Meekness vs.  Anger

God, I desire to do Your will and dwell in Your presence in meekness as I yield my personal rights and expectations to You (Psalm 62:5).

Need

"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:19 KJV).

Obedience vs. willfulness                    

Teach me obedience as You lead me to the freedom to be creative under the protection of divinely appointed authority (II Corinthians 10:5).

Patience vs.  Restlessness                                                                                             

I will wait patiently and accept challenges knowing that You are in control (Romans 5:3–4).

Quiet vs. loudness

"For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty" (1 Timothy 2:2 KJV).

Reverence vs.  Disrespect                        

My reverence for seeking Your holiness makes me aware of how You are working with others and events in my life to produce the character of Christ in me (Proverbs 23:17–18).

Self-Control vs.  Self-indulgence
May the holy spirit dwells in me that I may have the self-control to yield obediently to the initial promptings of God's Spirit (Galatians 5:24-25).


Truthfulness vs.  Deception                                                                                          
May I keep Your truth and earn future trust by accurately reporting past facts (Ephesians 4:25).

Understanding

"I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation" (Psalms 119:99 KJV).

Virtue vs.  Impurity

Gracious Father, I pray that You will give me the moral excellence and purity of spirit that radiates from my life as I obey Your Word (II Peter 1:3).

Wisdom vs.  Natural Inclinations                                                                            

Lord, please give me wisdom and understanding that I may see and respond to life’s situations from Your frame of reference (Proverbs 9:10).

Yoke

"Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls" (Matthew 11:29 KJV).

Zeal

"For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and a helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloak" (Isaiah 59:17 KJV).












Comments