A Prayer to be Silent,




Lord teach me to be silent and manifest Your glory in my life. If I must engage in a conversation, help me to remember that according to Proverbs 15:1, "a soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger." Please, place discretion in my heart that I may avoid words, actions, and attitudes which could result in undesirable consequences (Proverbs 22:3). I believe in Your words in 1 John 4:4 that says,  "greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world." Lord, in Exodus 14:14, You said, “The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.” Teach me to do just that. Instill in me, words of wisdom and put all trivial talk away. Omnipotent father, give me discernment ability to understand why things happen (I Samuel 16:7), and I may rebuke all evildoers. God, I desire to do Your will and dwell in Your presence in meekness as I yield my personal rights and expectations to You (Psalm 62:5). May I keep Your truth and earn future trust by accurately reporting past facts (Ephesians 4:25). I trust that Your angels will encamp around me and take charge over my life as I remain under Your shadow. I trust that You will fight all my battles and You will teach me to be still. Father, please help me to be loyal, use difficult times to demonstrate my commitment to You and to those whom You have called me to serve (John 15:13). According to Your words in Proverbs 18:21, “Death and life are in the power of the tongue.” Let Your holy spirit dwell in me and manifest Godly understanding in my life's events. I will wait patiently and accept all challenges, knowing that You are in control (Romans 5:3–4). Lord, please help me to exercise humility towards others and show reverence for Your divine power that is responsible for the achievements in my life (James 4:6). Please, my Lord, teach me to speak only life unto myself and others. Help me to guard my lips against trivial talk that is not part of Your plans for my life. Lord, please hear my humble cry. Let me speak only words of truth and wisdom.Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path (Psalm 119:105). Speak unto me Lord, and help me be still because You are a God of justice that my heart depends on Your unchanging laws (Micah 6:8). I believe in You and every promise You have made because with You all things are possible. Amen!









LinkedIn | Google+ |Facebook | Twitter | 






Comments